HOw to update samsung galaxy wonder into gingerbread 2.3.6 ICS
Recently Galaxy W (GT-i8150) began to receive the Value Pack in Europe via OTA and through Kies. However, only available for very few countries. If you can not wait and want to install the update on your phone now, I’m bringing a simple tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy W with official 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack (XXLM6).
So far, users of Romania and Slovakia are the only ones who have been enjoying the update, but in the coming days we’ll be adding new countries.
The Value Pack is based on Android 2.3.6 and is intended for devices that do not receive Ice Cream Sandwich, but brings several features of the latest version of Android, the most important Unlock Face, functionality to unlock the phone with his face has been enhanced by Samsung.
The Value Pack also includes a new icon visible from the camera while recording video, allowing you to take photos without interrupting recording, accessibility upgrades offer the possibility of ending a call with the button and change the text size contacts, calendar and messages.
NOTE : Applying this update does not mean you need to root the device before and also that the device can not be rooted after applying this update. Just in case, if the device is root, after applying this update, the root access will be revoked.
- We recommend that you back up all your data before starting the process. Do not do the backup with KIES as it creates the backup in the format (.SBU) which has usually restoration problems being a custom firmware ROM.
It is therefore advisable to perform the backup of all data as follows:
Make sure all security suites and firewalls, antivirus and application KIES closed completely until firmware update finishes.
It is very important to make sure you have ADMIN privileges before proceeding to update the phone. You must also enable the USB port which means that you have read/write the firmware can be applied successfully. To do this go to Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging . Note that the phone must be disconnected from the computer when you perform this step.
The phone must have a minimum of 80% battery to ensure that the update will not be interrupted.
Never interrupt the firmware update manually, by the way, if interrupted by power failure there is no need to worry because all you have to do is follow the instructions only from the beginning.
Update Samsung GT-18150 Galaxy W to Android 2.3.6 ICS
It should be noted that Androidlot.com is not responsible for any damage that may occur to the device during this process. Use it at your own risk.
1) Download the XXLM6 package from this link to your computer.
2) Then you extract the file you just downloaded, open the executable file on your PC Odin.
3) Now you have to turn off the phone to enter Download mode. To do this you must keep and Volume Down button and simultaneously press the Home button.
4) Once your device is in download mode, you connect the device to computer via the USB cable original, while Odin’s running on your computer. There you will see that Section ID: COM yellow lights.
If ID: COM does not get yellow, two things can happen:
- Need to install USB drivers for your phone on the PC
- You must go to Settings -> Wireless & Network -> USB Settings and make sure that the “Samsung KIES” is checked before connecting your phone to your computer.
5) Then in Odin, you must select the following:
- OPS – Ancora.ops
- Click on the “One Package”
- One Package – I8150XXLM6_I8150OXXLC1_I8150XXLM6_HOME.tar.md5
6) Once you do that, you press “Start” to start the firmware upgrade process.
7) When the process completes, disconnect the USB cable.
Turn off your Galaxy W to enter into recovery mode. To do this you must keep Volume Up + Home and simultaneously turn on the phone.
9) In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and Wipe Cache partition and then reboot the phone by selecting Reboot system now with the help of the volume keys to scroll.
Success! You’ve updated your Samsung Galaxy W (GT-i8150) to Android 2.3.6 with XXLM6 Value Pack.